ART 204: Bodice Sloper

At last, I am done. This first project was a definite challenge for me. I am not the best person when it comes to measurements and sewing, but I always like to try my hardest and push myself to do my best. This was the best one from the other three I did. It was definitely a challenge for me. I had the most trouble making the measurements as accurate as possible. Cutting and tracing was obviously easy. The muslin sample however, gave me trouble. The dart of the front bodice sloper was the most difficult one to do, in my opinion. I tried to accurately place it and sew it just as the book says but it was angled and seemed incorrect, but again, I fixed it various times and this is how it came out. This project was very fun overall but its just the measurements that I kept doubting and changing and redoing. Nonetheless, here is my finished sample, along with my cut out pattern.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s